Shopping Safely on Recliners Direct
We hope you enjoy the ease and convenience of shopping on reclinersdirect.co.uk. Your confidence in our website and your internet security is really important to us, so we’ve put together some advice to help keep you safe when you shop.
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Recliners Direct complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and Sagepay handle our credit card transactions orders. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your payment card and to process your order. All such organizations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We’ll never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we’ll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from recliners direct.co.uk requesting this kind of information, please don’t respond, but do let us know about it.
Reclinersdirect.co.uk is secure
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. reclinersdirect.co.uk maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can, therefore, rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
To give you even more confidence in shopping online with recliners direct.co.uk, our checkout process uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™. These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us. To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card.
Mobility recliners Limited “MRL” located at 119 Towngate, Leyland, Lancashire PR25 2LQ, (“MRL”, ”Recliners Direct”, “We”, “Us”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We, therefore, take our responsibilities as a Data Controller seriously and we aim to manage your data in a respectful way, mindful of the wishes of our contacts, and in line with the current laws and spirit of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU)2016/679) (“GDPR”).
MRL is a company registered within the UK. We will always try to ensure that your personal data is processed within the European Economic Area, although in some circumstances this may not be possible. In circumstances where it is necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we will only do so to third parties where we have contractual provisions in place to ensure your personal data is protected using similar standards and safeguards to our own.
Personal data request and why we hold it.
MRL may hold some or all of the following information about you
1. Your name (First and Surname)
2. Your contact details, including address, telephone number(s) and email address
3. The contact details of any other individual you have told us can speak on your behalf
4. Certain medical conditions you have informed us about which are relevant to your purchase, including whether you qualify for VAT exemption because of them
5. Enquiries you have made about products and your product preferences
6. Information relating to how you heard about us
7. Orders you have placed
8. Where you have placed an order, certain details about your payment method and your customer account balance with us
9. The communication you have had with us
10. Your preferences for on-going communication
We will only ask for relevant information regarding your order and we will not collect excessive or irrelevant information.
If you use our website, we may collect information such as your location and search preferences. We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site to help us to improve the user experience. The data collected is generic, non-identifiable marketing data that does not include personal data linked to individuals, and we cannot identify you as an individual from it.
How do we use your data?
We may use your data
1. To provide goods and services to you
2. To manage any financial transactions between us
3. To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
4. To verify your identity
5. For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
6. With your agreement, to contact you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
7. For marketing purposes and to help us better understand your needs.
8. Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
What is the Lawful Basis under which we hold your data?
The GDPR legislation requires us to state under which Lawful Basis we hold personal information.
The normal legal basis for MRL processing personal information is because there is a Legitimate Interest to do so. This may be in your interest, where we need to provide you valuable information about our products or services, or maybe in our interest, to allow us to carry out the sale and supply of goods and services to our customers.
These Legitimate Interests may include:
1. Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
2. Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
3. Understanding general trends in our customers’ preferences, and needs
4. Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
5. Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
6. Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, including working with law enforcement agencies
7. Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
8. Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against MRL
9. Protecting MRL, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to MRL
We also need to hold certain information, such as financial transactional information, as a result of a Legal Obligation to comply with the legal, taxation and accounting regulations, which govern our activities.
We would like to keep in contact with our customers and supply on-going communication such as a newsletter or marketing information, however, we will only do this when we have your specific permission to do so. This is known as Consent, and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
How long do we hold your data for?
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
After this period we will erase your personal information, or archive it so it is beyond use.
Who do we share personal data with?
MRL provides a carefully selected, number of trusted third parties with personal data where necessary to allow our business to carry out its activities. These may include
1. Other individuals or third party companies where we have your permission to do so
2. Carrier organisations who may deliver or collect your goods on our behalf
3. Third party companies who supply products or other services on our behalf
4. Financial organisations who process payments on our behalf
We do not sell your information to anyone.
What rights do you have with respect to your personal information?
Under the GDPR legislation, you have the following rights:
1. Right of access to all the data we hold about you
2. Right to correct any information we may hold about you that you believe to be inaccurate
3. Right to be forgotten, whereby we will remove all information we hold about you
4. Right to lodge a complaint if you believe your rights are being violated
Also, where consent to be contacted for marketing activities has been granted for one or more means of communication, you have the right to withdraw this consent for any one or more of the forms of communication. We use MailChimp to send out periodical emails to our customers. We do not spam. You are able to find their GDPR regulations here. www.mailchimp.com. You are able to opt out of any further emails being received by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link located at the bottom of the emails.
These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights you have with regard to your personal information that MRL hold about you, then please write to
Mobility Recliners Limited
119 Towngate, Leyland, PR25 2LQ.
Telephone our Customer Services Team on 01772 513115
email us at Sales@reclinersdirect.co.uk
In order to comply with a request to exercise one of your rights, we will require you to provide appropriate evidence of your identity. Usually, this evidence will be in the form of a photocopy of your passport or photo driving licence which an independent professional, for example, a solicitor, accountant or bank has certified as being a true copy of the original, along with a recent utility bill confirming your current address.